Monday, October 24, 2011

TwiLife

The Austin Film Festival was a new experience for us.  The talent was just amazing.  Call me partial but TwiLife was my favorite short film.  Young people don't realize that they will not be forever young even though I recall thinking that I would be.  Well I'm "over the hill" now which I guess is over the age of 50...or at least that's what I always thought that meant.  Actually I'm well past that age...so TwiLife was particularly interesting to me.  If you didn't make it to the film festival then look for TwiLife to appear again in the future.  It will be totally insane if someone doesn't pick up this film and make a biggy of it!  Baby boomers should unite in asking for a tv documentary or series of this film short.  It was 23 minutes of total insight depicting what we as humans will all experience if we live long enough.  The views on love, life, relationships, and sex were expressed in this 23 minutes of captivating footage talking about life and what comes after the firm bodies begin to be not so firm any longer.  These retirees show us that life is not over just because you have a few wrinkles or your hair is gray.  Sex, yes sex is still on the menu.  My mother use to say, "Youth is wasted on the young"....but the interviewees in this film show us otherwise.  The desire for life is still very much alive in them....and of course the memories of a wonderful life keep the dreams of the future alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment