Sunday, December 11, 2011

Trip to the city

What a day we had in the city yesterday.  We haven't been since before Thanksgiving.  We went to so many stores and still never made it to the local regular grocery store for some items we use that Costco and the natural foods market do not carry.

I made my usual yarn purchase at Michael's.  I was very pleased to see they have restocked the yarn section.  I think they let it dwindle during warmer months probably thinking people don't knit much when it's hot!  Wrong!  They just don't know knitters.  We knit year round!  We have to in order to prepare for the next Christmas!  I think I'm set for gifts for this year.  Now I just have to knit my poor fingers to a nub within the next 3 weeks!  Help!

Upon entering Sprouts Farmers Market we were so sad to see it was closing but our long faces and frowns soon changed to smiles when we learned they were just moving locations!  Our smiles got even wider when we realized everything was 50% off, we were elated.  We purchased things we would normally not have purchased due to the prices.  We are set now for a long cold winter!  We bought enough cheese to clog our arteries and may not live long enough to go back!  But hey, maybe the nuts and grain we purchased will offset the cheese consumption?

From Sprouts we ventured to TGF for much needed haircuts and then on to Costco where we loaded up on more Christmas goodies for the kids and stockings.  It was so nice to arrive back at home much after dark to two very happy hungry dogs.  They always make me feel so loved and missed with their jumping and licking and turning in circles when we return.  I wonder if dogs have any sense of time?

Two baby showers are coming up for my daughter.  I've volunteered to make favors for both showers.  The first one is Saturday and I'm still knitting and crocheting little owls and hostess gifts and of course finishing up my gift for my first grandchild.

I took a break for a few days from the blog to prepare for my venture into the city to the baby shower.  What a lovely shower it was too.  The food was catered and so delicious, German potato salad, pulled pork, baked beans and coleslaw.  And the desserts were so beautiful.

Meringue lolly pops and pink gumballs!

Little owl cupcakes and meringue cookies.

A diaper cake!

These are little boxes of cookies as party favors.

This is a delicious little cake with raspberry inside.



It was a beautiful baby shower.  How times have changed!

And now this is another dreary day, 40F outside, no sun so I will stay inside and crochet/knit to prepare for the next baby shower.

It's bread making day again.  This is last week's batch

Little Owl magnets I crocheted as party favors.

No comments:

Post a Comment