Friday, December 30, 2011

Justice and knitting hats!

Well Christmas is over and I'm still knitting hats. People are still coming to visit and I want to have a little gift for them.  I think a hat to keep them warm is a good gift.  I can't think of anything better actually than to knit a hat for a person.  I've got a busy week starting on the 8th with house guests, dental appointment, preparation for a hearing on Friday the 13th because we are being sued by an evil woman and then a baby shower on the 14th for my daughter.

I'm hoping if Friday the 13th brings bad luck that it will not be for me but instead for the plaintiff.  I have eluded to a law suit against us in this blog previously.  The so called "developer" of the ranch subdivision where we purchased our property is suing us because we have refused to sign her illegal documents.  I don't know how she can be called a developer because she has developed nothing.  She just divided her land and did not even provide a decent road to access it. We signed everything we needed to sign when we bought our property from her.  We owe her nothing but she made some bad clerical errors, one being that she did not file for a subdivision with the county and secondly she has all the documents mixed up with easement documents and deed restrictions all mixed together.  Her intent now is to cover her ass so to speak and has threatened to sue anyone who purchased property from her if they do not sign her mixed up documents.  Well I'm an American and I live in America and I cannot be forced to sign my name to any document.  Now then, I can be sued.  A person can sue anyone just for looking at them cross eyed, therefore we must defend ourselves.  Let's suppose a person purchased a vehicle or any item and the seller comes back 6 or 7 years later and demands that you sign something after you have paid in full for the item you purchased.  Doesn't seem right, does it?  This person realizes she has screwed up and needs to protect herself from all the people she sold land to.  She's got money, big money, so to speak and she knows people who know people and she can pull strings in lots of places to get favors.  So she tells all these people she sold land to, that if they don't sign her illegal documents she will sue them.  They all know she can and many still owe her money, therefore they make a financial decision to sign her papers so they don't have to put out money for an attorney to defend themselves.  Sorry, not me.  If I wanted to live in a country where I could be strong armed, that's where I would live.  I live in the USA and I won't sign anything I don't want to sign...even if it takes my last dime to defend myself.

It goes deep in my roots.  The story goes that my grandfather was told many years ago during a presidential election, I don't remember which one, that if he did not vote for who he was told to vote for that he would lose his job.  He was working for Union Carbide at the time.  He could have kept his mouth shut and voted for whoever he wanted but my grandfather knew his rights........he told them so too and he lost his job!  I can't betray my grandfather's legacy.  I will not sign.  The court may be bought, the judge may rule against me just because he may need to repay a favor or maybe he just doesn't want to deal with the situation and he may tell me that the court will sign for me.  Fine with me but I'm not signing anything.  This is Texas and I understand that big land owners always win.  Well I'm not a big landowner and the cards may be stacked against me and I know that the law does not always prevail but I know my rights. They may be no consolation to me in hell but you can't take away my pride.  It may be all I've got left but it's mine.  And I believe that evil doers will rot in hell.  I'm sticking to my guns!

I will just keep knitting and baking bread.  I will enjoy my little chunk of paradise in these hills and look forward to the birth of my first grandchild.  And I will hope that someday justice will prevail and bullies will lose.  I may not live to see it but perhaps my granddaughter will.

No comments:

Post a Comment